So our meeting was to discuss what we will do in the Hothouse on a weekly basis to prepare for this exchange. We all agreed it should be something online - to prepare for and support the exchange program.
We have 12 weeks in the Hothouse project, and we listed off 6 things we would like to look at in the project:
- The use of Youtube to make introductions and set assignments
- The development of a web page for the program
- Photo sharing, presentations, and slide shows
- Making academic content multi media (for example, an assignment described on Youtube, linked to a slide presentation, linked to a text document)
- Student diaries as blogs
- Using laptops and wireless Internet in Australia and the USA
Devices we discussed researching and possibly purchasing with the project budget:
- Hard drive video camera
- Wireless lapel microphone
- Smart phone
- Laptop with USB wireless key
Our available weekly meeting time to look at these things and more is Mondays 1-3pm. Probably we will align our agenda with other Hothouse project interests, and host seminars on these topics at this time.
This Friday, I will attend the Hothouse project meeting, representing the Sport Studies team. Here are the slides intended for the 5 minute talk I am to give in that meeting: